Wilmos Csehy

Founded in 1962 by Hungarian violin virtuoso Wilmos Csehy, the Csehy Summer School of Music is a Christian organization dedicated to developing excellence in classical music in a Christian environment. Operating as a summer camp program, Csehy provides many opportunities for music study and performance, as well as time for sports and other activities. Spiritual growth is also a focus for campers and staff alike.

1949

Wilmos and Gladys Csehy sharing the gospel in music and personal testimony with the Billy Graham crusades.


Students at first camp in 1962

1962

First Summer Camp at Cedar Lake, Wilmos Csehy as Executive Director

1968

Csehy Summer School of Music moves to Muncy Terraces


1983

Wilmos Csehy's death

1984

Gladys Csehy appointed as Executive Director

1990

Guy Kinney appointed as Executive Director


Samuel Hsu, Jonathan Lusk and Floyd Rawleigh in Muncy Terraces

1993


1995

Move to Philadelphia College of the Bible (now Cairn University), Langhorne

1997 Brochure - Campers include current faculty Dr. Emily Britton, Lisa Brown, Gretchen Hull, Dr. Erikson Rojas, and Dr. Benjamin Shute.

1997 Brochure - Campers include current faculty Dr. Emily Britton, Lisa Brown, Gretchen Hull, Dr. Erikson Rojas, and Dr. Benjamin Shute.

1997

1999

Randy Haynes appointed as Executive Director

2001

Gladys Csehy's death. Memorial service at Cairn University.


2009

Csehy Summer School of Music moves to Houghton College

2011

Golden Jubilee Celebration

2014

First year of ChamberFest week.

2015

Graeme Burgan appointed as Executive Director